Welcome to the Nevada State SHRM Council
Locate a Nevada Chapter
Have you considered joining a local SHRM Chapter? Are you aware of the benefits of joining a local chapter?
As an SHRM member in the State of Nevada, you have the opportunity to apply for membership with one of 2 local chapters. As a member of an SHRM affiliated local chapter you will have access to a wealth of services and programs that can broaden your skills and make you more valuable to your organization.
SHRM Membership can provide you with
- Exposure to other HR professionals and companies revealing how other organizations handle various human resource situations;
- Access to a network of professionals and specialists providing HR information that might otherwise be difficult and/or expensive to obtain;
- Opportunity to develop relationships and contacts in other companies to share information on HR concerns;
- Availability of local professional development opportunities to improve YOUR abilities and skills;
- Access to current best practices to make your organization more efficient, increase employee commitment, and help managers carry out business strategy;
- Availability of up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations;
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills by volunteering in a leadership role in a local chapter; and
- Development of a reputation in the HR field through your involvement in a local chapter.
Click here to find a Nevada State chapter near you.
Advance the profession, advance your career -- join a SHRM chapter!!
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions regarding membership.
Affiliate NewsSee All >
August 3, 2013
March 1, 2013
January 11, 2013
December 5, 2012
From our BlogSee All >
HR NEWS EEOC Settles Its First GINA Lawsuit The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Fabricut, one of the world's largest distributors of decorative fabrics, settled the first lawsuit that the EEOC filed under the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), the agency has announced...May 29, 2013
On March 8, 2013, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published a revised Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 for immediate use. The Department of Homeland Security ("DHS") published a Notice in the Federal Register informing employers of the new Form I-9...March 13, 2013
The new Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster was supposed to be posted today, March 12, 2013, by all employers for which the act is applicable. In our continued efforts to keep you and your organization up to date on the ever-changing area of employment law, we have attached a PDF of the new...March 13, 2013
University of Nevada, Reno team wins Human Resources (HR) game at Pepperdine University in Los Angeles, Calif. during the Pacific West Regional Student Conference Competition April 20-21.May 1, 2012 By Jaclyn McBride Team advisors Yvonne Stedham, far left and Linda Barrenchea, far right with winning team members, left to right, Heather Maye, Vanessa Wehrkamp, Sarah Pattee and Megan Barrenchea, after winning the Human Resources Games regional competition in southern California April 21....May 2, 2012